Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Strange Customs

This one might fall under the category of "too much information" (aka: TMI).  But here goes...



My family has a pair of Christmas underwear.  There's nothing about them that especially says "Christmas".  They aren't printed with candy canes, or snowflakes, or anything of the sort.  They're not even red.  It's just a rather large pair of mint green nylon briefs.  And there's just the one pair between all of us.

(Confused?  And a little concerned about where this is heading?  I get it.  Hang in there.)


It all started years ago when my husband saw these large sized underwear on clearance and thought it would funny to put them in with some one's Christmas present.  I didn't think it was a good idea.  But our then teenage daughter thought it was hilarious - and that was all the encouragement he needed.

Somehow, this became a thing - mostly between my sisters and I.  Almost every year, someone receives a present with those big ol' undies included.  And it is their job to hold onto them and find someway to pass them off to someone else the next year.

Pretty much every year, in the weeks leading up to Christmas there is at least one conversation that begins "Does you remember who has the panties?"

This year, my middle sister got me good.  When I opened my present to find the mug pictured above. Along with a lovely pair of mint green, nylon underpants tucked inside.



I laughed for about 5 minutes.  And as soon as I stopped giggling - I was already trying to decide who gets them next year and how to package them.

Do you have any bizarre family traditions?  (please... my family can't be the only one this weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!