Friday, April 2, 2021

Currently... April 2021

It's nice to see April again - isn't it? The daffodils are in bloom, trees are starting to get their leaves, and the tulips are preparing to put on a show of their own.  I am enjoying the afternoons when I can have the windows open wide to welcome the fresh air.  




The results of my March challenges were a mixed bag.  I can't say that I reached my next weight loss goal, but if I stick with my WW plan and start taking care to reduce my cholesterol and A1C levels, I expect that to improve also. 

I've been (mostly) doing a nail care routine.  But I don't think my cuticles care for the oils I have been using to moisturize and nourish them, because they seem to be just as snagged and peeling as before.  I think I may need to switch to a cuticle cream, either alone or layered under the oil for some extra moisturizing goodness.  

I have made some nice progress cleaning out and reorganizing my home office.  It's taking a little longer than I expected, but I am keeping at it and hope to have it completed before the end of April.

What else am I up to as April begins?  Well, since you asked... 

Working on:  Making plans and taking steps to improve my overall health.  If you saw my post last week, you know that I got a wake-up call after my yearly physical and I'm in the process of making some changes to correct the problems I am facing.

Celebrating:  Easter. My youngest sister's birthday. (and hopefully accomplishing a few goals)

Loving:  As I mentioned before, I am enjoying the mild Spring weather.  Warm afternoons with the windows open and hanging out with the pups while they lounge in the sun on the back porch.  (they're loving the warm weather also) 

Wanting/Needing: Some tasty recipes for more plant-based meals. Got some? Send 'em my way!

Reading:  I just started reading D-Day Girls: The Spies Who Armed the Resistance, Sabotaged the Nazis, and Helped Win World War II  by Sarah Rose.  


Challenges for April:

  • Finish cleaning out and reorganizing home office
  • Take advantage of the warmer weather with daily walks
  • Reach next weight loss goal 
What are your plans and goals for April?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!