Thursday, April 8, 2021

Thankful Thursday - April 8, 2021

This past week was tough. I received a call that on my regular screening image they had seen some calcification, requiring me to go back for more imaging. I had a sore throat that sent me to the doctor, and then later in the week when I felt even worse -  had me testing for Covid.  It was one of those weeks when it was very easy to start wallowing in negativity and self pity. 

That's when gratitude can be especially helpful.  I am thankful for regular screenings that spotted the concerning areas.  I am thankful that what they are seeing isn't serious enough to require a biopsy or other tests at this time and I just have to follow up in a few months to check for any changes. I am thankful that the Covid test I took was negative and I just had a regular ol' virus causing tonsillitis. 

Like they say: there's always something to be thankful for! What are you thankful for this week?



I Am Thankful For:

Sugar-free ice pops

Throat lozenges

Protein waffles

Getting in early to see the doctor

Tea with honey

The Male Offspring received his second Covid vaccine

Warm showers

Being able to take a nap

Tulips blooming

Vanilla milkshake

Lip balm

Sunshine

The Cross

3 day weekend

Negative Covid test

Online game night

Fresh cut grass

Grace and mercy

The first Easter

Sitting out in the sunshine


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!