Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Go Outside!

 If you're over a certain age, it's a safe bet that when you were a kid and started driving your mom crazy, you were probably ordered to "Go outside and play!" 




I remember spending hours and hours outside as a kid.  Riding bikes, roller skating, climbing trees, rolling down hills, playing barbies on the front porch, playing house under the big oak tree, reading on the back deck, and making daisy chains.  We even used to beg to be allowed to eat our lunch as a "picnic" in the backyard.  

I'm not sure exactly when I outgrew that love of being out of doors.  Maybe as a teenager.  Probably because I was too worried about the wind messing up my hair or because I would rather be inside listening to music or watching television.  (this was before the days of cell phones, tablets, and wifi)

This spring I have been rediscovering the joy of the great outdoors.  If the weather is over 60 degrees and not rainy or too windy - I get out onto the back porch where I crochet,  eat lunch, work all the online stuff I do for my Etsy shop, eat my lunch, or just sit and read. In fact, I'm sitting out here right now writing this blog post! 

My view while I write this post

I have a little table, complete with a patio umbrella - because this gal gets a sunburn in the blink of an eye. There are several bird feeders, including one for the hummingbirds, and I love when a feathered friend drops by for a snack while I'm out here.  And of course my windchimes. 

The dogs are also enjoying all the outside time.  They love napping in the sunshine.  And barking at anyone that might pass by while out for a walk.  (sorry about that to all my neighbors!)

I suppose at some time in the not-so-distant future the temperatures or the pollen count will get high enough to drive me back inside.  But, for now, I am enjoying as much time out here as possible. 

Do you enjoy spending time outside?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!