Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Eyes Are Right Here

The Grand baby's new favorite game seems to be trying to pretend the person holding him just doesn't exist.  

The rules of this game seem simple.  He is completely intent on looking at absolutely anything else in the room, except you - the person holding him.  And he's very good at it.  Especially when the person holding him (that would be me) has her own face about 6 inches from his and is saying "Hey.. I'm right here.  Helloooo... right here pal.  Right.  Here." 

Oh sure. Every so often, his eyes will finally stray over and meet yours. He'll give you that huge melt-my-heart grin, laugh, and immediately look away to something - anything - else.


Now.. I will admit there is a very slim chance that the combination tuna sandwich and cheesecake breath he may have been experiencing thanks to my lunch could have caused him to keep looking away in an attempt to keep his eyes from watering.  But maybe not.

When he finally grew tired of the game and was making eye contact with me, and talking to me; I told him that I didn't find that game very funny.  In fact, it's a little rude. 

His response?  He grinned and actually chuckled... and then looked away from me to check out the ceiling fan.

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! The little turd! Too cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think that small babies are way more cognizant of their environment and what they are doing than we adults imagine... The Grand baby is proof of that!

    How funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right! I believe a baby's thought process may be much more complex than we give them credit for.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!