Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In Weakness

Recently our small group at church was having a discussion about strength in weakness.  A line of conversation sprang up about how we find how strong we are in our times of weakness and how even our weaknesses can be strengths in some situations

But as I considered it later, I began to feel that in chasing that rabbit we were missing the point somehow.

It's not about how strong WE are in our weakness.  It's finding GOD'S strength and learning to rely on Him in our times of weakness and hopelessness.


I truly believe sometimes we have to come to that point of where we find the end of ourselves.  Where we have no strength left and are completely over come with our weakness.  Where we give up.  Where there is absolutely no other answer. 

That's the place where we really learn that the only answer is God.  And we realize that we have to lean on Him for everything.  It is only in those times that we can catch a glimpse of how small and weak we are and how BIG our God is. How great He is in our weakness. It is here that we find our full dependence and learn to trust. 

This is the place where our faith grows strongest. In weakness.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. ~ 1 Corinthians 1:25


1 comment:

  1. I have had such a blessing looking through your blog! Check out Sunshine PenPals and join the fun, we'd love to have you!
    http://sunshinepenpals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!