Friday, May 3, 2013

My Love Dare: Day 35

"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed" ~ Proverbs 15:22

Day 35: Love is accountable

The marriage vows most of us took say  "good times and bad" and "sickness and health".

God means for use to face challenges together.  United as one.  Making each other stronger. Supporting each other.

It is equally important to build a network of strong, godly, healthy friendships that value marriage.All people need wise counsel at some point.  The wise seek it out and are grateful for it.  The foolish avoid and ignore it.

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man is he who listens to counsel" ~ Proverbs 12:15

Wise counsel warns you against the danger of bad choices, encourages you during difficulties, and celebrates your marriage. You must avoid negative influences.  Those who encourage selfish choices.  Look for others who seek Christ.  Someone with the type of marriage you long for.  Someone who values and lives by the Word of God.

TODAY'S DARE:  FIND A MARRIAGE MENTOR - SOMEONE WHO IS A STRONG CHRISTIAN AND WHO WILL BE HONEST AND LOVING WITH YOU.  IF YOU FEEL THAT COUNSELING IS NEEDED, THEN TAKE THE FIRST STEP TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.  DURING THIS PROCESS, ASK GOD TO DIRECT YOUR DECISIONS AND DISCERNMENT.

I have several women I consider friends who are godly Christ followers.  But I don't feel I have any really close friends like that.  No one I could sit down over coffee and pour out my heart.  Truth be told, I've become a bit of a loner as the years have gone by.  I spend most of my time with either the Man of the House or the female offspring. I think I need to do some praying for God to help me cultivate those kinds of friendships again in my life.  To give me the courage to reach out and open myself up to those friendships.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!