So, last week was kind of a mixed bag - full of good intentions, but not exactly the fulfillment of many goals. I'd like to blame this on the fact that I was trying to manage a fierce sinus headache for 3 days in a row last week. But to be honest, the headache can't be held responsible for
some most of the goals not being met. See what I mean...
- Eat a healthy breakfast every morning (typing this as I finish a bowl of shredded wheat with banana, strawberries, and skim milk because I realized the leftover cheesecake in the fridge didn't really meet the "healthy" criteria) - Yes! This one I managed to accomplish. Although I'm not sure the french toast the male offspring made for me on Saturday fits into the "healthy" category, it was breakfast. And most days I had either some sunflower butter toast and fruit, yogurt with berries and walnuts, or cereal with skim milk fruit.
- Drink the recommended amount of water each day - turns out this is a lot more difficult than it sounds. I'm still working on it, but not quite getting to that recommended amount most days.
- Exercise at least 3 days this week - ahem... no. I only made it to the gym once. A combination of laziness and that pesky headache.
- Use neti pot before bed each night - No. I used it two nights, and on the others I just didn't. I didn't think about it a few nights. And on some of the nights I thought about it, I was just too tired to deal with mixing up the solution.
- Make an appointment for an eye exam - Another no. No good reason. Just didn't do it.
- Drink the recommended amount of water each day
- Exercise at least 3 days this week
- NO soft drinks!
- Make an appointment for an eye exam
- Plan for 3 day juice fast