Day 37: Love agrees in prayer
Praying together. It may seem so simple to you. Or maybe it seems silly. Or impossible. But praying together is a key to a long marriage. It unites husband and wife in a powerful way.
- give you wisdom when faced with difficult decisions
- bring comfort when struggling through fears and insecurities
- provide peace when having arguments or marital struggles
- provide a place to seek shelter when you don't know where else to turn
- remind you that God has made the two of you into one flesh
And it is pleasing to God.
TODAY'S DARE: ASK YOUR SPOUSE IF YOU CAN BEGIN PRAYING TOGETHER. TALK ABOUT THE BEST TIME TO DO THIS, WHETHER IT'S IN THE MORNING, YOUR LUNCH HOUR, OR BEFORE BEDTIME. USE THIS TIME TO COMMIT YOUR CONCERNS, DISAGREEMENTS, AND NEEDS BEFORE THE LORD. DON'T FORGET TO THANK HIM FOR HIS PROVISION AND BLESSING. EVEN IF YOUR SPOUSE REFUSES TO DO THIS, RESOLVE TO SPEND THIS DAILY TIME IN PRAYER YOURSELF.
I spoke to the Man of the House about sharing time in prayer each day. We decided the best time would be as we go to bed each night. And that it might take a little while to get comfortable with it and into a routine. We did it exactly once so far. That first night that we talked about it. Remind me to bring it up again...
"In the morning my prayer comes before you" ~ Psalm 88:13