Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Seek First




Matthew 6:33

I find myself wondering...

Have I been so busy seeking God's purpose for my life that I have been missing his presence in my life?

Am I focusing more on finding His will for me than finding Him?

Perhaps the answer is in those very words of Matthew 6:33 -

"But seek FIRST His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well"

Don't seek God's will - seek GOD!

Seek to know Him better.  Get in His Word.  Commit it to memory.  Draw closer to Him.  Commit yourself to him - heart, soul, and mind.  Love Him.  And let Him love you.

Maybe then, and only then, "all these things will be given to you as well"

The purpose will be shown to you.  His will becomes clear.  The path before you made straight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!