Friday, January 17, 2014

TGI... Wait... What Day Is This?

Friday!

TGIF!

Right???

But what if Friday is just another day of the week?  What if you're not even 100% sure what day of the week it is much of the time?

 I'm not sure if this loss of distinction between days is a good thing or a bad thing.


I can identify the weekends easily enough.  That's when the entire family is home.  Unless the Man of the House works Saturday, then even that day seems to lose its identity.

Monday can usually be kept straight because it's the day everyone goes back to work or school. The day for grocery shopping.

However, if a Friday or a Monday should happen to be a holiday when the family is all home an extra day.  Well... then all bets are off! Your guess as to which day it might be is as good as mine. (probably better)

Any day could be Tuesday, or it could be Thursday.  Or maybe it's Wednesday.

But wait... today is Friday! (I have to keep reminding myself)


1 comment:

  1. University has kind of helped me with figuring out what day it is. (That an constant alarms on my phone telling me to get to certain things I need to be at..) But during the summer.. I don't even know what year it is exactly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!