Saturday, January 18, 2014

Because It's NOT

This might be the funniest name for a non-butter spread knock-off product I have ever come across!
No, that's not a joke product.  It actually sits on the shelves of a major retailer located not far from my home.

Who in the world come up with this?

The first thing that came to mind is that maybe they somehow traveled back to 1984 and got some 15 year old Valley Girl wanna-be to name the item.

The second was some Keanu Reeves type dude tasting it and stating these words of wisdom, leading some marketing fellow to think "that is the perfect name!"

Then I thought, it must have been submitted as a joke and somehow slipped through the cracks and actually made it to production.

I'll never know the story behind how this name came to be.  All I know for sure it that it made me laugh, and I still chuckle every time I think about it.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!