Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Like A Monday All Over Again

This morning began when I slept later than I intended.  Sure, I was up by 7:30am - but I meant to be up earlier.  Because of this, I was already feeling behind.

What day is this??
No sooner had I gotten my first cup of coffee and settled in for some time with God's Word - when the phone rang.  I almost didn't answer it because I didn't recognize the number.  But something told me to pick up.

It was the male offspring.  Saying he was sick (vomiting) and asking me to come get him at school.  There was a brief rush to get shoes, brush my hair, and dash out the door.

And of course this was when the dog needed to go out.  And wanted to take his time.

It was as I tried to get the dog to hurry up that I realized the un-forecasted dusting of snow we received last night had left about an inch of the white stuff all over my car. I was going to have to scrape the windows.  Aaarrrrgh... another slow down.

Finally, I was able to head off to pick up my sick boy - forgetting my barely touched coffee in my hurry.

After I got him home, I got busy taking care of the usual daily - laundry, dishes, starting some dinner.  But I still felt out of sorts.  And a little headachey.  Not getting my morning quiet time and no coffee was taking a quick toll on me.

That's when the grand baby started screaming.  Every little thing started a bout of tears.  Not helping the headache situation I had going on at all!

I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't a Monday all over again!

Two cups of coffee, and a little devotional time later, I was feeling - and coping - better.  And looking forward to the gumbo and rice I have cooking in the crock pot and rice steamer!

Happy Mardi Gras Y'all! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart....I don't like to get all discombobulated early in the mornings, either! HOPE your son is feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me - nothing a little coffee and a whole lotta Jesus coildn't fix. The boy got some rest and was back to full speed in no time. Have a great weekend Deb!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!