Friday, October 30, 2015

As October Draws to a Close

Tomorrow is the last day of October!!  Which means two big things to me:  1) my birthday is in 2 days (yay me!!)  And 2) this year is flying by much too quickly!

I feel as if lost a big chunk of October after spending most of the past two weeks being sick.  Which was no fun.  At.  All.  I still have a little bit of a cough and my voice is still raspy.  But I am finally starting to feel like myself again.  So, that's good.

I have learned a couple of things this month...


  • After consuming extravagant amounts of tea with honey over the past two weeks I have found that Chai green tea is delicious.  Serious yumminess!  My old standby - Constant Comment - has some hard competition now.
  • It is most difficult to heal and get better when you have a cough which keeps you awaken all night.  And being tired does nothing to help your mood or your attitude when you're already not feeling well.
  • Silk Almond "egg" Nog in Pumpkin Spice flavor makes coffee even better!  A scrumptious latte, right here at home.


October was also a busy month.  We celebrated the Man of the House's birthday.  The male offspring played guitar at an anniversary celebration for the church where is guitar instructor is a pastor, and he had a county wide orchestra concert for violin.  The Man of the House finished up the fall softball season.  And business was booming for my Etsy shop (praise the Lord!)


When all is said and done, it was a good month.  I'm looking forward to seeing what November  has in store for us!









post signature

2 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday!!! I do plan to do the Friday Foto Friends next week. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beckey, I saw you on Debbie's blog and I thought I'm come on over and say hi. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well, but thankfully, you're feeling better now.

    That chai tea sounds delicious. I drink green tea often, so I'll have to check that out. It was nice to 'meet' you and I truly enjoyed the visit. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a lovely weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!