Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Daily Cleaning Challenge: Week 1

Welcome to October!  And thanks for joining us in the October Daily Cleaning Challenge!



If you're new around here, you might be asking yourself what this whole challenge is all about.  So, here's a quick recap!

Each day in October do 15 to 30 minutes of cleaning. Yes - EVERY day.

That's it.  No cleaning schedule or assigned tasks.  Just clean SOMETHING in your home each day.  There is only one "rule":  your 15 to 30 minutes has to be something other than washing dishes or laundry.  Those need done regardless.  And in my case, if anything is getting done its typically going to be one of these two things.  So, I have to pick something I would normally be more likely to avoid.

Here are a few suggestions to get you started this first week of the challenge.  Do a few.  Do them all.  Do something you decide all on your own.  Just Do Something!!


  • Clean foyer/entrance area
  • Clean out the fridge
  • Clean under the bathroom sink
  • Vacuum and/or sweep
  • Clean off surfaces in bedroom
  • Sweep and mop bathroom
  • Tidy up living room
And don't forget the two optional challenges:


Bonus Challenge #1:  Complete at least one load of laundry per day.  By "complete" I mean washing, folding and putting away.  Because if you are anything like me, that basket of clean cloth clothes may sit around for days before something finally gets done with it.

Bonus Challenge #2:  Get the family involved!  Ask them to help tidy up for 10 minutes.  Set a timer and see how much y'all can get done.  You might be surprised what a difference just ten minutes can make!

Ready?  Set your timers!  We can do this!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's enough! Keep me posted on how you're doing Mrs Deb. We can do this together!

      Delete
  2. Oh this is interesting. Cleaning is actually one of my stress relievers.
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, the times I do my best house cleaning g does seem to be when I am really stressed. Or angry. LOL

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!