Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Working It Out

I am so out of shape. It's really quite sad how far I have let myself go.  One of my main goals for 2013 is to improve my health through diet and exercise.  (which you already know if you have read "Goals for 2013")
The Man of the House helped get this goal off to a great start when he came home to surprise me with our family membership to the fitness center!  This place is almost literally right around the corner from our house.  Once the weather warms up I can even walk over!  (bonus!!)

Last night we went over to check things out and just try it out a little.  I did about 15 minutes on the elliptical machine, waked walked a little over 1.25 miles on the treadmill with a few bursts of jogging (I know! Me? Jogging?  Crazy!!), and the man of the house and I walked a mile on the walking track.

Today I went by myself at lunch time and walked just over an hour (2.5+ miles) on the treadmill. 

I'm also very excited about trying some of the classes they offer, including Zumba, pilates, and yoga.

How do you keep in shape? What is your favorite form of exercise?

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! I work out on my elliptical and run a lot of stairs to keep (get) in shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That elliptical kills me! I can walk forever on the treadmill (ok, maybe not forever - but you get the idea), but 15 minutes on the elliptical and I am toast!

      Delete
  2. This has to be my year to get healthy, too, if you read my post from yesterday. We live out in the country, so no where near a gym, but I do like to walk. Hoping to loose weight to take some strain off my poor knee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!