Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Love Dare: Day 4

How precious also are Your thoughts to me... How vast is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. ~ Psalm 139: 17-1


Day 4: Love is thoughtful

I think about The Man of the House a lot.  I mean a LOT! 

But does that mean am I thoughtful?

Do I think of his needs and wants and do my best to meet them - without having to be asked?  Do I try to meet in the middle and compromise - or even give in - on things that matter to him?  Do I try to understand his point of view and feelings on things?  Do I think of ways to demonstrate my love for him?  Where can I improve on these things to be more thoughtful?

Sadly, my answer to too many of those questions is "No", "Not really", or "Not often enough".  I am a stubborn creature.  I want things done my way.  I'm often unyielding in my opinions. 

Wow... you know what?  I just realized...  I'm kind of a brat!!  Another area where I need some serious work.

TODAY'S DARE:  CONTACT YOUR SPOUSE SOMETIME DURING THE BUSINESS OF THE DAY.  HAVE NO AGENDA OTHER THAN ASKING HOW HE OR SHE IS DOING AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU COULD DO FOR THEM.

I sent The Man of the House a text and asked him if there anything he needed me to do for him that day.  Obviously I wasn't there to see his reaction, but I like to think he had to pick his jaw up off his desk. Ha! 

As a matter of fact, he needed some help taping the front door to prepare it for painting.  A task I happily helped with.  OK... I did some of it... 

I thank my God in all my remembrance of you. ~ Philippians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!