Monday, January 28, 2013

My Love Dare: Day 9

Greet one another with a kiss of love. ~ 1 Peter 5:4



Day 9: Love makes good impressions

How do you greet friends, coworkers, acquaintances, or people you meet in public? With a smile and a polite “Hello” or “How are you?” Do you at least make eye contact and smile at them?

How do you greet your spouse? If you greet others warmly and politely, doesn’t your spouse deserve the same – times ten? For me the answer is a resounding YES!

How you greet your spouse each day carries surprising significance. A loving greeting can bless your spouse through what they see, hear, and feel.

Think about your greeting. Does it make your spouse feel valued and appreciated? Do they feel loved when you greet them each day?


TODAY’S DARE: THINK OF A SPECIFIC WAY YOU’D LIKE TO GREET YOUR SPOUSE TODAY. DO IT WITH A SMILE AND WITH ENTHUSIASM. THEN DETERMINE TO CHANGE YOUR GREETING TO REFLECT YOUR LOVE FOR THEM.

Today’s Love Dare was very convicting for me.

I like to greet The Man of the House warmly when he comes home from work. But I am usually so distracted with fixing dinner, cleaning up, or other chores – or I am just exhausted and feeling lazy – that I let it slide. I have to confess that usually the dog and the grand baby show more excitement that he’s arrived home than I express. That has to change!

I want The Man of the House to feel that I am happy to see him. That I am happy to wake up to him, to have him walk through the door at the end of the day, to go to sleep beside him each night. I want him to feel valued and appreciated. I want my greetings to express that to him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!