Thursday, December 15, 2011

Birth

I was born on a cold day in early November when the snow flurries were flying. My mother was alone in the delivery room. Not because it was customary at the time for fathers to pace nervously in the waiting area during the births of their children; but because my father was somewhere in the Mediterranean on a Navy ship. I got hung up in the birth canal, and as a result came out with a head and face so misshapen, I looked like a creature from one of the "Lord of the Rings" movies.

Written in response to a prompt by The One-Minute Writer: Birth -Write what you know about your own birth.









2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!