Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sleepy Time

I had a to-do list today.  And it wasn't a short one.  I started out well enough.  Cleaned up the kitchen, did some laundry.  Then I attacked the closet downstairs where I have been storing my craft items and the extra blankets.

Working to purge the closet set off my allergies.  Eyes were itching and watering.  Roof of my mouth was itching.  There was much sneezing and running of my nose.  I knew where this was heading, so I took an allergy tablet to curb off the worst of the symptoms.

This was a mistake...

Next thing I knew - I was crashed out on the couch while "Elf" played on the television.  About two hours had passed as I peacefully snoozed the afternoon away.  It must have been a sight.  Me - asleep on the couch.  Piles of folded laundry on the coffee table in front of me.  And empty basket in the floor next to me.  And I'm pretty sure there was snoring involved since my mouth was very dry when I finally woke up.  Just lovely.  I can only hope I wasn't drooling or anything thanks to the allergy medication.

So much for that to-do list.  And I missed "Elf". 

1 comment:

  1. Laughing here at this Beckey...I can just picture the whole scene... :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!