Friday, December 2, 2011

I Haven't Even Prepared A Speech!

I have just received my first ever blog award!  How exciting to receive "The Sunshine Award".  Does this make me Little Miss Sunshine?  There are so many people I need to thank!  But I'll keep it short and thank Lalia of Skank, Rattle, and Roll.  I guess this officially makes her "the academy" for bestowing this honor upon me.  It's an honor just to be nominated. (that's what you're supposed to say, right?)




Of course, as with all good things - there is a catch.  As a recipient of The Sunshine award there are certain obligations.  In the event that I am unable to fulfill these duties, I hope there is a first runner up to step into my place and fulfill the obligations to the best of her ability.  What are these duties you ask?  Well...

1. Thank the person who gave you this award and write a post about it. (almost done)


2. Answer the following questions below. (OK, I can handle that)

3. Pass the award on to 10-12 fellow bloggers, link their blog and let them know you gave them an award. (hmm... I don't really follow 10 - 12 blogs, so this might get tricky)

As my first official act as Little Miss Sunshine, here are the answers to my Q&A:

Favorite Color:  Periwinkle Blue

Favorite Animal:  ah... hmm... I'll go with giraffes

Favorite Number:  favorite number?  Do people really have a favorite number?  OK then, 26.  Because that's the number I insist on giving if anyone is ever rude enough to ask how old I am.  Because that's the age I decided to stop aging.

Favorite Drink: coffee, with wine coming in a close second

Facebook or Twitter: neither

Your Passion: reading.  I am absolutely lost if I don't have a book to read
Giving or Receiving Gifts:  who doesn't like to receive?  c'mon, really...
Favorite Day:  Halloween, and the day after which is "Celebrate Me Day"
Favorite Flowers:  pink stargazer lilies

And now... your December 2, 2011 "Sunshine Award" winners are (drum roll...)

Kathy at Carano's Cucina:  All things foodie and delish!  And one of the best gal's you'll ever hope to meet!
Cathy at ~Just My Thoughts:  funny, insightful, thought provoking
C. Beth at The One-Minute Writer:  You have 1,440 minutes a day, spend one writing.  I haven't used any of her prompts yet, but I enjoy following and am ready to jump in soon!
JenniLee at Just JenniLee: her blog has been silent for about a year, and I miss her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!