Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Soothing The Savage Beast

Yesterday evening, The Man of the House walked in from work and handed me a grocery bag.  As I peeked inside, my heart filled with gratitude and love for this man I married.  Having read yesterday's blog post, he stopped on the way home and picked up a six pack of Coke (in the white cans - more on that later)  and a bag of Hershey's Kisses with almonds! 

Was it simple kindness in him that inspired him to refill my chocolate stash?  Or a sense of self-preservation after reading my rantings?  Either way - he calmed the hormonal, chocolate crazed creature in me.  And for that, I am grateful. 

I do feel compelled to confess that later in the evening, he also found the missing Kisses - which had been moved to a different cabinet from where I had been hiding them.  There weren't actually gone, just misplaced.  Which I fear makes me look even crazier.  And I'm pretty sure there is suspicion amongst the natives that I am just trying to be sneaky and obtain surplus chocolate for the stash.  And while, I assure you that is not the case - it is a bonus. 

But I digress.  The point is simply this:  The Man of the House brought me chocolate.  He tamed the chocolate beastie.  And I am a very, very lucky woman!

1 comment:

  1. Having chocolate, especially EXTRA chocolate, is a good thing. Bravo to the man. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!