Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nothing To Show For It

It's frustrating. 
Today was the day I start some serious cleaning.  Getting the house ready for Christmas and all the guests and visitors the holidays bring.  I have been working diligently since 9:00 this morning.  And when I stop to look around, I feel like I can't really tell a difference.  It's enough to make a girl give up.

Oh, I know the truth of the situation.  I am doing a lot of things that don't get done on a regular weekly basis.  Dusting window sills and frames.  Cleaning windows.  Dusting baseboards.  Wiping down walls.  The sort of thing that doesn't really make a huge difference in the appearance of the room until the whole thing comes together.  The stuff that pays off in the end.  But for a while it felt like an exercise in futility.

I am glad to report that now that I am actually getting into things like cleaning off shelves and end tables, dusting them, and putting away items that have migrated to rooms where they don't live - things are looking better.  And my attitude and mood is improving.


2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain...I spent most of the day yesterday doing the same, getting ready for next weekend, and it looks like NOTHING changed... :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!