Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge Trip: Titanic Museum

The Man of the House and I are celebrating 20 years of marriage this week.  In honor of the occasion we decided to take a little 3 day weekend getaway and go somewhere we've never been before.  The destination was Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. 

After the drive up I-40 through the Pigeon River gorge (or what I like to refer to as "Satan's stretch of road"... ugh)  we had arrived! 

A quick lunch at Joe's Crab Shack (meh... mediocre at best) and a stroll through the Tanger Outlets.  Then it was time to visit my sight of choice...

The Titanic Museum! 

Gasp!  The building even looks like Titanic!  Be still my heart...

Anyone surprised by this selection obviously doesn't know me very well.  Or maybe at all.  ;0)
Sadly, photography is not allowed inside the museum.  Oh... the pictures I could have posed for on that replica of the grand staircase.  sigh....

But I did snap away to my hearts content outside the building.


The exhibits were well done and interesting.  Whether you are interested purely in the historical aspect of Titanic, or simply a fan of the James Cameron movie, I would highly recommend this as a stop when visiting the Pigeon Forge area. 



Crescent moon over Titanic

Yes., that's me.  In Titanic bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I love the history of the Titanic, but I've never seen the movie (don't really want to). Question - why is this museum in TN? Seems a strange place for it...just curious. I don't much care where a museum is, I just love visiting them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!