Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge trip: Wonders of Flight

Up, up, and away... in a giant helium balloon.  Oh sure. That sounds like a great idea for someone terrified of heights!  But that's what the man of the house wanted to do, so I sucked it up and stepped on board Wonders of Flight: a 72 foot diameter helium balloon which takes riders 400 feet into the air.


Needless to say, I was more than a bit nervous as we began to rise into the air. 



But once we reached maximum altitude I was able to relax and enjoy the views






That's our shadow down there!


2 comments:

  1. HOPE you all have a great anniversary get-a-way. You're not far from where we live...maybe about 25 miles!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beckey,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about the Pigeon Forge to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!