Saturday, August 10, 2013

I Wore The Cute Shoes

I've been having a lot of problems with my feet recently.  A lot.

I'm pretty sure I have planter's fasciitis.  (Self diagnosed.  I haven't been to see a doctor about it) I have a lot of tightness and pain in my feet, mostly the heels.  Especially when I get up first thing in the morning or after sitting with my feet up for a while.

In the words of Annie Lennox - it feels just like I'm walking on broken glass. Ouch!!


Some Most shoes make this worse. I can wear my sketchers or my tennis shoes without too much trouble.  But if I wear my flats, or my wedges, or my flip flops, or well... pretty much any of my cute shoes... my feet hurt like crazy.

But on that day, I had an outfit I wanted to wear which called for cute shoes.  It was inspired by something on my Pinterest board and the flats were just part of the outfit.  I convinced myself that since I had been wearing the comfy shoes so much, and even using the supportive insoles, it wouldn't be too bad to wear the cute shoes just for this one day of shopping.

I was wrong.

By that afternoon my feet were letting me know just how unhappy they were with me.  At one point I didn't even have to be standing to feel the pain.  And I thought that walking at all might be out of the question for the remainder of the day.  That degree of discomfort didn't last long - fortunately.  However I did do some serious limping around all evening.

That's what I get for wearing the cute shoes.  I fear I may be doomed to a lift of ugly supportive, orthopedic shoes.

So sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!