Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Made Perfect In Weakness

Last week I wrote about being weary. I just feel weak. It feels as if it's one thing after another. First, I was sick. Then I had the infected tooth that had to be pulled.  Then the allergic rash attack. Now, I am either fighting the worst allergies ever or some sort of autumn cold.  Pile the chilly, gray weather we had the last few days on top of all this. The weariness has led to flat out exhaustion.

It's having an affect on me. It's wearing me down. Making me feel weak and frustrated. These things always seem to hit me on Tuesday or Wednesday, which means I haven't made it to my women's Bible study for 3 weeks now. I'm not writing as much as I would like. I'm not feeling up to doing much of anything. The kitchen isn't as clean as it should be. The bathrooms need a good scrubbing. The laundry isn't staying caught up the way it should. And the family menu shows a distinct lack of creativity this week.

It's easy to start slipping into the "why me" mind set. I want to shake my fist. I want to cry. I want to give up and just go back to bed. We've all been there, or some place very similar to it at one time or another.  Maybe for you it was even a worse place with darker circumstances.  I know my little health issues are tiny compared to what so many others deal with on a daily basis. But this is where I am.

This morning I was thinking that if one more thing comes up anytime soon, or if I don't start feeling much better quickly - I was going to lose my mind.  Then during my morning quiet time, while flipping through my Bible on my way to 1 John - my eyes landed on this piece of scripture:

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

The Lord knows we will have times of trouble.  He knows we go through times when we are sick, hurt, tempted, scared or weak.

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” ~ John 16:33
But He does not want us to be alone or to carry the full burden without help.  He wants us to seek his presence.  To cry out to Him in our time of need.

Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!" ~ 1 Chronicles 16:11

"In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." ~ Psalm 18:6


He is there to support us.  To encourage us.  He will refresh us and give us rest!

 "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." - Jeremiah 31:25

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." ~ Matthew 11:28

I don't know about you - but I feel a little better already!

10 comments:

  1. Maybe, your processing is the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does help! With my perspective at the very least.

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love this post.... I have been there girl. When the whys start settling in, we know that our perspective needs to be shifted from inward to upward… Just as this post portrays when we are focused on ourselves our problems are magnified. When we focus on Him, He is magnified. Beautiful post dear!

    Feel better soon!!!!

    Falen
    www.upwardnotinward.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "when we are focused on ourselves our problems are magnified. When we focus on Him, He is magnified"

      EXACTLY!! I am copying that and putting that on my fridge!!

      Delete
  3. I love how uplifting this post was. I am sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you begin to feel better soon!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a beautiful post and I really needed that verse from 2 Corinthians. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I almost forgot!

      Papa is Preacher would like to cordially invite you to our very first Link Up party beginning tomorrow (Thursday) at 9:30 a.m. going 'till Tuesday. Please see this post for more info: http://papaisapreacher.blogspot.ca/2012/10/tidbit...
      We'd really be honored to see you there!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Larissa! I'm glad the verse helped you also. :0)

      Delete
  5. Did you see that I featured you on this week's ITWW? http://talesofbeautyforashes.com

    Thanks for encouraging me and so many others!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!