Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Seven Days Without Coffee: The Challenge

After viewing The Belle of the Carnival's video blog about her week without coffee, the question kept running through my mind: Could you go a week without coffee?

Now, of course my first response was:  Nope... No... No way... Not a chance! 

Which made me start wondering about other things.  Such as: Is it really bad that I had a strong reaction to the idea of a week without coffee?  Is that actually a sign that I need to go a week without coffee to detox myself from it's rich delicious caffeiney goodness?  (yes, caffeiney is a word.  If it's not - well, I just invented it)

After much mental wrestling over these questions (and a few others, most of which are not related to this story), I decided to give it the ol' college try. 

I checked the tea stash.  (What?  I'm not crazy.  I have no intention of facing caffiene detox headaches without some sort of backup!) A nice collection of Earl Gray, English Breakfast, Chamomile, Peppermint, and various herbals?  Check.  Local sourwood honey and sugar?  Check. It seemed as if all the pieces were already in place; as if the universe were saying: Go ahead.  You can do this.  Go for it.

So, tomorrow begins my challenge: Seven Days Without Coffee.  Which yes, I fully intend to document right here for your reading pleasure.

Will I survive?  Will those around me? 

You can read more of the Seven Days Without Coffee Series here:

6 comments:

  1. Beckey, is this a challenge to yourself? And why would you? Is it your ultimate goal to give up coffee? I don't drink as much as the average bear, I can only handle 2 cups of coffee with caffeine, then I switch. So I guess I don't understand why you would want to give it up? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's for myself. I have been drinking a lot of coffee recently, especially since I gave up soft drinks about a month ago. And I felt that the negative reaction I had just ot the idea of giving it up wasn't a good thing.

      Delete
  2. Gah! Don't do it! Learn from my mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I allow myself a cup here and there at work only at work & when you detox from the caffeine be aware as soon as you slowly enjoy it again here & there you become chatty Kathy of the office/house and get several bizarre looks because you do not let anyone else in on the conversation see I am just coming off my sugar rush I could talk about this for at least another hour ( I think it will wear off by then hmmm) LOL good luck I am rooting you on for sure :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was thinking what a nice buzz I'll get off the coffee if/when I decide to go back.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!