Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Seven Days Without Coffee: Is Off To A Rough Start

In case you were wondering, lack of coffee has not killed me (yet). And on an even more positive note: I have not yet killed anyone else either.   I had a lovely pot of English Breakfast tea this morning, while the siren song of the coffee brewing for the Man of the House called out to me.   As I left the house, my travel mug was full of chamomile.  It wasn't bad.  It also wasn't coffee.


However, I'm only this far into day one, and I have learned a couple of important lessons.
Lesson One: Never, ever... seriously I mean NEVER... start a coffee detox on the morning you have to get up extra early to go do mind-numbing volunteer work.  Seriously, if there was ever a task that needed a caffeine jolt it is stuffing info/goodie bags and rolling forks into napkins before 9am. 

Lesson Two: On the first day of your coffee detox, do not under any circumstances make a run into the grocery store with the Starbucks counter right at the entrance. 

Right now I have a nagging thumping behind my left eyebrow.  I'm starting to feel extremely run down and tired.  And my shoulders are getting tight. I believe this is a signal to sit down and have another cup of tea.  Something caffeinated. 

Read more of "Seven Days Without Coffee" Here:

4 comments:

  1. This is not for the faint of heart! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...

      Delete
  2. I know you can. (:

    And good for you ... think maybe the pain is withdrawal symptoms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. I am trying to combat them with tea.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!