Which is a pretty cool thing. It's always nice to get a nod from a fellow blogger!
The Liebster Blog award is for the blogs that have less than 200 followers. It recognizes the smaller writers, the lovers of reading, the bloggers sharing little pieces of our lives.
As always happens with these awards, there are questions to be answered and you are required to share facts about yourself. And you must pass it on to others. So...
Janice's Questions for Me:
1. What is the 1st book you fell in love reading? How old were you? Hmm... Island of the Blue Dolphins. Read it over and over. I was... I don't know.. 11 maybe?
2. Describe yourself in 3 words? Christian, wife, mother
3. Last good deed you did? For whom? Bought coffee for a friend who was standing in line behind me at the counter.
4. Favorite male character (movies)? Female? Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara - without a doubt!
5. Worst book ever read? Did you buy it or was it a gift? I can't think of a really bad one, so I must have blocked it out. I do remember that the ending of My Sister's Keeper made me so angry that it ruined the entire book for me.
6. When do you usually read? Morning,afternoon, evening, middle of the night? At night before I fall asleep
7.Book store, delivered to your mailbox, or library? All of the above! Plus online for the nook!
8. Paperback or kindle? Neither! Nook!
9. Meaning behind your blog name? I hate all the "Real Housewives of..." shows. THAT is not reality and those are NOT real housewives.
10. Do you trade books for others or do you hoard them on shelves? Depends on the book. Usually I hoard them until I get too many and then I pass some one and donate some to the Library or Goodwill.
11. What is the 1st thing that comes to mind when I say the word "POPSICLE"? Cherry Popsicle melting onto your hands.
Eleven Things About Me:
- I am spending too much time right now wondering "why eleven? why not ten? or a dozen? who came up with eleven?"
- I love coffee. And Dr Pepper. Not together!
- I do not like onions. Not even cooked.
- I hate my thighs. Ugh...
- I wish I had pretty long fingernails.
- I do not like having to make lists of things about myself
- I should be getting ready to go to a cookout instead of blogging right now
- I like the smell of Murphy's Oil Soap.
- When I was a kid I wanted dark hair and green eyes instead of my blond hair and blue eyes
- Everyone says my daughter looks like me. I think she looks more like her dad.
- I am very happy to be done with this list!