Friday, July 27, 2012

3:30 am

3:30 am.  Wide awake.  Sort of.  Ok, not really.  Sort of half awake.  Not sleepy enough to go back to dreamland.  Not awake enough to get up and do anything productive. 

This seems to be becoming a regular thing for me.  It's not always 3:30.  Sometimes it's 2:30.  Or 4:30.  The exact time isn't really that important.  What ever the time, there I am in the wee hours of the morning.  Awake enough that it does not qualify as rest.  Sleepy enough not to qualify as awake.

The brain churns at 3:30 am.  I feel pretty sure I am at my most creative in those pre-dawn hours.  There in the dark waits ideas for blog posts, writing journal entries, short stories, and perhaps even a first novel.  I'm a literary genius!  It's not just writing either.  The projects for my Etsy shop, home improvement and decorating, even gift ideas.  It all flows like the wine at a bacchanalia. 

Sadly, they never last.  For, at 3:30 in the morning, my mind is still asleep enough that it can't hold onto the brilliance it creates during that time.  Sleep comes, and washes it all away.  The sun rises and my mind strains trying to recapture even one of the ideas it had in the dark.  But they remain elusive, like forgotten dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!